Pamela Hanson Architecture & Consulting, LLC is located in Grantham, New Hampshire, a town committed both to retaining its small, rural character and to simultaneously connecting its residents to the educational, cultural, and business opportunities of the Upper Valley, the Lake Sunapee Region, and beyond to the metropolitan areas of the Northeast.
I approach architecture, and life, in this same way: “both/and” rather than “either/or.”
My education has been
• both in a small town
• Denison University, Granville, Ohio
• Bachelor of Arts with an interdisciplinary major: “The Individual, the Community, and the Arts”
• and in a large city
• Rice University, Houston, Texas
• Masters of Architecture
• both abroad
• L’Institut des Universities Americainnes, Centre d’Etudes Francaises; Avignon, France
• and at home
• I learn from every client, consultant, and contractor with whom I work, as well as from my professional continuing education.
My experience is
• both in construction
• Habitat for Humanity full-time volunteer staff for three years: in Americus, Georgia building houses and in Dumay, Haiti co-directing a 50-home project
• and in architecture
• since 1979, with licensure in New Hampshire since 1991.
My vision is about architecture and building through collaboration with
• both the community
• advising non-profits requiring architectural services
• mentoring educational and religious organizations in their building endeavors
• consulting on building, life safety, and accessibility code compliance,
• providing full architectural services
• and individuals –
• designing homes small and large, additions and renovations,
• for those just starting out, those with growing families, and those downsizing,
• for grand entertaining and personal retreat,
• starting from scratch and maintaining or repurposing an existing building,
• respecting history and utilizing modern technology for a sustainable future.