Anna Philbrook Center Study, Concord NH
The Anna Philbrook Center was built in 1959 and enlarged in 1969 to serve as an inpatient treatment facility for emotionally disturbed children. The architects were retained in 2000 by the State of New Hampshire to evaluate the building for compliance with current building, life safety, and accessibility codes in order to determine its adequacy for continued service. Subsequent to the study, renovations were undertaken and the facility was used until 2010, when the program was moved to the state hospital. In 2013 the building underwent major renovations, repurposing it for occupancy by more than a dozen state licensing boards and agencies.
Project involvement: Barbara Mehren Freeman: Architect of Record, Principal in Charge. Pamela Hanson: responsible for code analysis while with Mehren Freeman Architects.